So, you’re considering a job at Ragnarson
? It's in our best interest to help you find out whether Ragnarson is the right place for you. Deciding how we will be spending 6 to 10 hours of our lives together, five times a week, is paramount. It shouldn't be down to a simple benefit versus requirements comparison.
There is no point in running yet another software development company without a good reason. For us, it's how we treat others as we would like to be treated
(read our story
). That's why at Ragnarson we have created an environment where people achieve their fullest potential and are able to express themselves through their work. Here are our core values
. If you don’t see yourself in our story, Ragnarson is probably not the place you are looking for.
In order to foster this environment, the company has transparency at its core
. All staff has access to our complete financial records, for example, expenses, income, client/employees rates
etc. All of the processes, decisions and documents around them are open too
. As uncle Ben said
, “With great power comes great responsibility.” So you will need all these details to make various decisions at the company - whether or not to recruit somebody, accept or reject a client's project, give feedback to others, allocate the profit or save it for the future. Making such calls will help you develop and broaden your perspective.
Obviously, you will be working with our clients on their products too. But that’s definitely not all there is to working at Ragnarson.
You won’t find empty phrases like “flexible time”, “interesting projects”, “international clients” or “work in a young and dynamic team” commonly used in most job offers. Those terms have become devalued in IT jobs and mean exactly nothing. At Ragnarson you will be able to choose and adjust your perks to boost your productivity.
Given you're still reading this and you haven’t seen the salary yet (because there is none in this narrative), your motivations are not strictly financial. That's great because for us the money is a commodity that frankly, is easy to acquire nowadays. It’s much harder for you to find a work environment that you believe in and for us to find an engaged teammate. After six months at Ragnarson, you will set your salary to whatever you think is right, based on the company's budget, feedback from the people you have worked with and the market comparison. Nobody will have a right to interfere with that decision.
Joining Ragnarson means:
- independence in setting up your salary twice a year
- transparent communication and company documents
- entry salary level 14-20k PLN net on B2B
- various benefits (MacBook Pro, co-funding of healthcare package, sports activities, co-work space and English classes, holiday package, etc.)
- 100% remote work
- open company financial records (example: income, expenses, forecast)
- treating you as an equal partner, not an employee
- participating in every-day decisions regarding the direction of the company growth
- growing and specializing in the technology you like the most
- opportunity to develop in non-programming fields (project management, customer relations, recruitment, marketing, sales).
What do we expect from you?
- At least 5+ years of commercial experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Great knowledge of the PostgreSQL database.
- Ability and motivation to lead a team of developers.
- Mentoring sills.
Get to know us
The recruitment process will take you through 3 steps: 30-min remote interview, technical review with a senior developer and culture fit interviews with other members of our team.
Find out more about recruitment here.
How to prepare yourself for recruitment? Here you have a hint
If you are curious about what we did so far, go through our case studies