Under the direction of a Domain / Team Lead, the Backend Engineer will be primarily learning and applying new skill sets to multiple codebases maintained by the company. Expect to be working on many different kinds of systems and in multiple new languages as you discover which part of our stack is your passion.
- Work within a fast-paced team to help drive features, innovation, and product vision.
- Participate in all aspects of product life-cycle, including understanding requirements, building and deploying quality software, and supporting device features.
- Excel in a self-managed environment, utilising best practices in software development.
- Productivity focused mindset with a track record in delivery.
- 2+ years of industry experience shipping production software as a software engineer.
- In depth knowledge of, and passion for, at least one of Ruby, GoLang, Java, Python, C#.
- In depth knowledge of at least one data store from PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB and Oracle; primarily knowledge of database design and SQL.
- Experience with Git and/or GitHub.
- Experience with BDD, TDD and full stack integration testing.
- A mindset to create both DAMP and DRY code, an understanding of software development principles, but creative enough to know when to break them.
- Must have the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, both verbally and written, in English.
- Linux server administration and command line interface (CLI) experience a plus.
- Knowledge of any of the following a plus:
- Redis, NoSQL, RESTful APIs
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku, Azure
- Distributed systems
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Codeship, CI
- Confluence or equivalent wiki, JIRA or equivalent task tracker.
What we can offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Paid vacations, maternity and paternity leave
- A new MacBook and accessories to make sure you're working with the best technology
- Private health insurance
- Multisport card
- Financing of an English language course
- Weekly team lunch paid for by the company in various restaurants
- Regular team-building events: casual drinks, parties, games and strategy sessions
- Office snacks and drinks - free for all to take