We are looking for passionate software engineers to join our company to work on challenging ongoing projects (some MVPs can also be expected time to time).
We work in small teams using Agile methodologies (mostly SCRUM) and work for clients from different time zones (+9h is possible). We focus on long-lasting partnerships with ongoing projects rather than short term cooperation with startups. We really focus on delivering quality solutions, quick and dirty is not an option most of the time and our clients do understand that. Apart from clients' projects we also spend time on our internal projects, tools and open source.
You should definitely talk to us if you have extensive knowledge of computer science, web development and other related topics (algorithms, database systems, optimization, internet protocols, devops etc.).
Additionally excellent coding skills and very high productivity are required. You should be able to deliver code in much shorter time than Ruby Developer. The code should have excellent quality, according to our best practices and set standards. It must be very easy to understand, maintain and all related aspects must be taken into consideration (such as general application performance, data migration, deployment process, security and impact on other features).
Senior Developer is very responsible, self-reliant and can move whole project on this own taking care of not only developing new tasks but also making sure that it is working without any problems all the time.
You should be an expert in one or two categories like optimization, database systems, devops, Ruby on Rails etc.
What do we require?
- preferrably technical education (we hire software engineers mostly)
- excellent knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- excellent knowledge of SQL and database systems
- excellent knowledge of performance optimization
- very good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- very good knowledge of git
- good knowledge of devops
- very good english (we work with foreign clients only)
Features you should have implemented so far
- implemented parsing of huge uploaded files (ie. large csv or excel files)
- implemented parsing of huge xml files with SAX-type parser
- implemented templating engine
- implemented uploading of large files with high throughput
- implemented integration with various apis using different protocols (SOAP, REST, json)
- implemented api backend with authentication and security (ie. for mobile application)
- implemented multi-tenancy
- delivering new features
- performing code reviews
- mentor other developers
- research different solutions for tasks
- sharing knowledge within the organisation