We are looking for passionate software engineers to join our company to work on challenging ongoing projects (some MVPs can also be expected time to time).
We work in small teams using Agile methodologies (mostly SCRUM) and work for clients from different time zones (+9h is possible). We focus on long-lasting partnerships with ongoing projects rather than short term cooperation with startups. We really focus on delivering quality solutions, quick and dirty is not an option most of the time and our clients do understand that. Apart from clients' projects we also spend time on our internal projects, tools and open source.
You should definitely talk to us if you have fairly good knowledge of computer science, web development and decent coding skills. You should be able to work on your own, know our best practices and deliver high quality code which is easy to understand and maintain.
You should be ready to supervise and mentor less experienced team members, estimate features and propose alternative solutions to encountered problems.
What do we require?
- preferrably technical education (we hire software engineers mostly)
- very good knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- very good knowledge of SQL and database systems
- very good knowledge of git
- good knowledge of devops (development machine configuration, basic server configuration, deployment process)
- good knowledge of performance optimization
- very good english (we work with foreign clients only)
Features you should have implemented so far
- complex forms with related many models, validations and dynamic content, used advanced design patterns to handle such forms
- complex logic in controllers and use of service objects
- lots of dynamic content, handling errors in ajax requests
- integration with social platforms
- implemented payment solution
- implemented caching
- implemented integration with external system with exchanging data both ways (ie. calling api methods and receiving webhooks)
- implemented transaction emails
- implemented generation of various file forms (ie pdf, excel documents)
- implemented complex file upload with ajax uploading
- implemented parsing of uploaded file (ie. csv, excel)
- dealing with multiple languages, 18n, l10n in general
- dealing with many timezones
Good to have some
- Knowledge of UX basics - mockuping, prototyping, etc.
- Basic knowledge about tools like: Balsamiq Mockups, InVision
- Experience in working with foreign clients (ideally from different timezones)
- Ability to identify and manage risks in the project
- PM or SCRUM certification, knowledge of different PM methodologies
- Experience in managing stakeholders expectations
- delivering new features
- performing code reviews
- sharing knowledge within the organisation